The project entailed the complete renovation and restoration of Monroe Hall. The building is a 38,500 SF, three-story, brick-faced, wood frame structure with an unoccupied attic. It was originally constructed in 1911 and most recently renovated in 1978. Monroe Hall is considered of historical significance due to both its age and the fact that it is the first building constructed on campus. Monroe houses a lecture hall, classrooms and faculty offices.